Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Iliad thesis statement

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if I could please get some feedback on my thesis statement.

My thesis primarily states that fear of death is detrimental to life. Basically meaning that if one constantly fears death and doesn't take any gambles, they cannot accomplish much in life.

Also I had a question about how many paragraphs this paper should be, because I can type a 5 page paper using the traditional five paragraph format. However is there a minimum amount of paragraphs involved with this?

Thanks

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She told our class (first hour) that you should use a couple paragraphs for each individual point- that's why the thesis can't be super specific.

Ms.D. said...

Yes...this paper needs to be more than 5 paragraphs. Consider 1-2 paragraphs for intro, 9-10 paragraphs for body, 1-2 paragraphs for conclusion.

ZakirW said...

Well, I'm wondering if my thesis is super specific or I have room to write 5-6 pages for this.

Ms.D. said...

I think your scope is about right. First show in a few examples that fearing makes behavior too conservative. Then that taking risks is due to a lack if fear. Then show that major accomplishments result from risky decisions.