Friday, October 19, 2012

I've already finished most of my first draft, but I just wanted to know if I could somehow make the main focus of my thesis, antithesis, and synthesis either more clear or more specific. (By the way, I'm writing about Hector)
Thesis: In the Iliad, Homer uses Hector to show that in times of war, family lineage and honor overpower the need for individual glory.
Antithesis: Although family lineage and honor are major motivations for Hector, they become easily overshadowed by passion and personal greed.
Synthesis: Hector's participation in the war emphasizes his strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
Some feedback would be helpful!

1 comment:

Ms.D. said...

You need to make your synthesis more specific. The other two are fine. What do Hector's + s and -s tell us about leaders or people or personal honor?