Thursday, October 21, 2010

Evidence/Subgroups?

Here's my thesis: Communities give responsibility to individuals to provide direction and leadership for the community. (The language might be changed a bit, but the idea is going to stay the same.)

I'm worried about evidence -- I probably don't have enough passages from the Iliad, and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for evidence I can use. Also, I don't really know how what type of criteria to divide my evidence into. Should I use the critical perspectives as a guide for the subgroups or use some other way of dividing it up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Here's what I have so far:

-Diomedes takes over for Agamemnon - 172
-Patroclus leads in battle - 417
-Hector goes into war for his family - 209/210
-Nestor gives a speech about how the well-being of a community depends on an individual stepping forward - 318


1 comment:

Ms.D. said...

Some other possibilities for evidence:

Zeus and the gods of Olympus (maybe this would work)

Achilles taking over at the funeral games.

Check the speeches by Hector's family members in Book 24

Possible groups: Different kinds of guidance, different kinds of responsibilities, different types of leadership.